Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Wife and I Surfing the Web...Together!

I finally got my wife to take some time and come check out the Internet. She has never heard of it...until today. Okay, I'm just kidding. I'll admit she does use computers and the Internet at work but once she gets home, it seems to put her immediately to sleep. Maybe it's me and she's just using it as the reason for her drowsiness. She just can't bring herself to tell me that I'm boring.

She inadvertently walked into my study and was ensnared into my internet world before she knew what came over her. I showed her a few of the new things on my website, TimBookTu, and she eventually pulled up a chair and went along for the ride. After taking her through the various features of the site, I noticed that she was staring at the ceiling for an extended period. I'd mentioned in a previous blog posting all the work we'd done to the house, so maybe she was contemplating some new ideas to have done to the ceiling.

But, she was off into dreamland just that quick. Head thrown back, eyes closed, and starting to catch some serious ZZZZ's.

Here I was alone again, left to explore my world of blogs, Google, Wikipedia, IMDb, CNET.com, EUR, fantasy sports, and all the other places that I won't divulge at this time.

As I write this, she is now awake, standing over my shoulder and having a good laugh at what I've written about her. But, once she realizes that it will be posted to the web her demeanor changes from giddiness to mild alarm. I have to control my own laughter and glee as she protests and begs me not to write this down. But isn't that what the blog is all about...telling some deep dark secret to the whole world and giving everyone some insight into your innermost thoughts and fears????

Oh well, she's abandoned me and is off to watch that ole fashioned thing called the television.

I guess it will be a long time before the wife visits the World of Mempheus again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorenz-Crunk said...

What's up Bama? Tell Wifey she has got to get on board. The West coast writing world misses you man. It's that time.

Ja

10:58 PM, January 17, 2006  
Blogger Supa said...

Yeeeahhh!!! Hi Memp and Memp's wife! :)

Welcome to the Blogverse, Memp! Be careful, it's worse than crack!

I'll link u to my site.

3:28 PM, January 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home